Calcium and Heart Attacks:
Take Dr. Berg’s Free Keto Mini-Course: or go here:
Download Keto Essentials
As you age, you might be wondering, “why is my height shrinking.” Well, let’s talk about it. We’re going to cover the cause of shrinking with age, how to prevent shrinking with age, and a few height loss solutions.
A few points on height loss to think about:
• Women shrink more than men.
• A person could potentially lose ¼-½ inch every ten years after age 40.
• You need to act now. Don’t wait until you’ve lost a few inches—it’s already too late at that point.
Why am I shrinking as I get older? — It’s a loss of disk space between the vertebrae and a loss of the vertebrae itself.
A big myth is that people think they can grow bone by drinking more milk. I haven’t found any credible studies on this.
The problem with calcium, especially calcium carbonate, is that it may increase the risk of heart attacks in postmenopausal women. What most people don’t understand about minerals is that we’re only talking about one small piece of the puzzle.
Cause of shrinking with age:
1. Lack of bone minerals (Calcium from leafy greens and high-quality organic grass-fed dairy, magnesium, and boron)
2. Lack of vitamin D3 and K2 (The best source would be through supplements)
3. Low estrogen (When low in estrogen it’s hard to build bone)
4. High cortisol (Can start breaking down bone)
5. Low protein (If you aren’t getting enough essential amino acids, you can’t build tissue)
6. No exercise (Exercise may help prevent bone loss)
7. Low GH/IGF-1 (As you age you lose your ability to make growth hormone)
How to maximize growth hormone and help prevent shrinking with age:
• Keep your insulin low (healthy keto)
• Get more sleep and less stress
• Take vitamin D
• Do intermittent fasting
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP:
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG:
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.