Does the fructose naturally found in fruit and fruit juice have the same adverse effects as excess “industrial fructose” (table sugar and high fructose corn syrup) and if not, why not?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
Alcohol without the buzz? That was in reference to my video How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much?—make sure to check it out for background (
Surprised about the juice results? Me too! More on juice:
• Best Fruit Juice (
• The Fruit Whose Juice Is Healthier (
• Juicing Removes More Than Just Fiber (
A few videos I have on industrial sugars:
• Are Sugary Foods Addictive? (
• Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (
• Sugar Industry Attempts to Manipulate the Science (
• How to Stop Tooth Decay (
How else can we blunt the glycemic spike?
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (
• The Best Way to Cook Sweet Potatoes (
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language:
Image Credit: Nukamari and Jaclyn Auletta via Flickr.
• How Not to Die:
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet:
• Podcast: /